Modifying Existing Custody Orders Or Relocating With A Child

Whether your parenting plan was negotiated by you and your spouse or ordered by a judge, sometimes a change in circumstances can require a modification to your existing placement and custody arrangements.

We can help you pursue a modification if you need to adjust your parenting schedule because of:

  • A new job
  • A new child
  • Financial constraints
  • Remarriage or cohabitation with a new partner
  • Relocation

If your spouse is not meeting his or her obligations under a child custody or support order, we can also help you take steps to enforce its terms.

When A Parent Wants To Relocate

When a new job opportunity, relationship or other circumstance requires you to relocate, it may have significant implications for your custody arrangements. Under Wisconsin law, there are circumstances under which you may not move a certain distance without notifying the other parent. In some cases, the court may have to decide whether your child can make the move with you.

If your spouse is attempting to relocate and take your children with him or her, it is critical that you take steps to protect your parental rights. Let our attorneys help.

Contact Us For A Free Consultation

It is normal for former partners to have disagreements about child custody, placement, parenting time and relocation. However, it is still important that you seek experienced legal counsel to help you through these disputes. A knowledgeable family law attorney can help you protect your rights in a legal and reasonable manner.

Please contact us online or call 920-831-0300 to speak with a lawyer and arrange an appointment at our offices in Appleton or Green Bay.

Se habla español | Free consultations