Bubbles In Brain Could Cause Traumatic Brain Injuries

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

A research team at Brown University is studying whether bubbles created by pressure waves are to blame for traumatic brain injuries. The results of the study could lead to better protective gear and TBI treatments for people in Wisconsin and worldwide. The goal of the study, which was presented at the annual meeting of the […]

READ MORE

Holiday Hours At Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

In observance of the upcoming holidays, Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C. will be closed: December 24, 2015 – ALL DAY December 25, 2015 – ALL DAY December 31, 2015 – HALF DAY (Offices close at Noon) January 1, 2016 – ALL DAY Thank you, and have a wonderful holiday season!

READ MORE

Understanding How Alcohol Affects The Body

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

Several agencies and organizations have made an effort to spread awareness about the effects that drinking alcohol has on the body. Wisconsin residents, however, may get a clearer picture of these effects from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Using information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and University of New Mexico, the […]

READ MORE

Dropping Prostate Cancer Rates May Not Mean Less Cancer

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

Men in Wisconsin might be aware that data shows the early detection rates of prostate cancer in men over age 50 has been dropping. The problem, however, is that fewer men are receiving prostate cancer screening, meaning the declining rates may not actually reflect the true extent of prostate cancer among men. The U.S. Preventative Services […]

READ MORE

The Impact Of Concussions

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

According to the National Institutes of Health, there are nearly 4 million concussions that stem from sports and recreational activity. This is in addition to the untold number that occur after car crashes and falls. About 80 percent of those who suffer a concussion will recover in three weeks, but the other 20 percent may […]

READ MORE

Duty And Standard Of Care In Medical Malpractice Claims

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

A patient who has been damaged during the course of being treated in a Wisconsin hospital may want to file a medical malpractice claim against the health care facility or provider. In order to establish that the health care provider was negligent, patients must show evidence that they were owed a duty of care and […]

READ MORE

Attorney Schlemmer To Conduct FREE Child Support Seminar

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

Attorney Stacy Schlemmer will present a FREE seminar called “So, You’re Not Getting Child Support…Now What?” in our Green Bay office. The seminar will take place on November 16th at 5:30 p.m. To register, please call our office at 920-831-0300. Space is limited!

READ MORE

Research Examines Brain Inflammation And Traumatic Brain Injury

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

For Wisconsin residents who have incurred a traumatic brain injury, there might be certain assumptions as what it can lead to. Research is trying to get a firmer grasp on TBIs and their symptoms. One particular study suggests that long-term inflammation is a bigger culprit than other diagnoses. The authors of the study believe that […]

READ MORE

Misdiagnoses Lead To Costly Mistakes

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

The problem of misdiagnosis affects patients in Wisconsin and the rest of the nation every year. Although many misdiagnoses are either inconvenient or harmless to patients, others could cause severe consequences such as the patient’s death or, in some cases, unintended exposure to a contagious disease. Although the amount specifically attributed to misdiagnoses was not […]

READ MORE

New Study Links ADHD And TBI In Adults

On behalf of Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C.

Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder complicates the daily lives of many Wisconsin residents of all ages. Traumatic brain injuries subject millions of individuals to an assortment of cognitive problems yearly. A recent study has helped to affirm a potential correlation between these problems, raising the possibility that more might be done to screen adults with past brain […]

READ MORE