Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C., is an established Wisconsin law firm with offices in Appleton and Green Bay. We combine the legal strength of many exceptional lawyers and have helped hundreds of clients resolve difficult legal matters in personal injury, family law, criminal defense and civil rights.
Solving Life's Legal Problems
Our team has more than 150 years of collective experience resolving the legal matters that affect our clients' lives. Among our attorneys are:
- Multiple certified civil trial and pretrial specialists as well as a certified family law trial specialist. These distinctions are earned only by a select number of attorneys who have proven legal skill in a courtroom setting and have passed exams detailing their extensive knowledge.
- Attorneys who have appellate experience and who have argued before the Wisconsin Supreme Court and the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Lawyers who have been selected to the list of Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- A certified mediator.
- Board members of prominent legal organizations.
- Legal presenters and media contributors.
To learn more about the individual credentials of our attorneys, please follow the links below.
- John C. Peterson
- Avram D. Berk
- Daniel R. Cross
- Amy M. Risseeuw
- Stacy J. Schlemmer
- Adam D. Bernander
- Laura M. Nelson
Why Peterson, Berk & Cross?
When legal issues arise, everyone chooses legal representation differently. A combination of unique strengths has made us the choice of hundreds of clients throughout Wisconsin. These clients appreciate our:
- Experience: We understand the details and nuances in complex areas of law and can skillfully advise on case merits and options.
- Reputation: Our law firm is highly respected in both the local and legal communities. We regularly get referrals from past clients, community members, doctors and other lawyers.
- Trial work: By preparing each case as though it will go to trial, we are able to secure the best possible settlements and pleas, and usually avoid a trial.
- Results: We have a track record of securing favorable results in all of our practice areas. This means we've helped accident victims recover millions of dollars, secured fair property division and child custody for our family law clients, and helped those accused of crimes obtain reduced and dismissed charges.
- Team approach: When we take your case, an attorney and a specific paralegal will be assigned to your case. Your paralegal will be your day-to-day contact for administrative questions, while your attorney will be your contact for the legal discussions and legal advisement. Our entire team is here to ensure you get the information you need, right when you need it.
- Accessibility: We don't believe you should wait for answers to your legal questions. Our lawyers are proud to be available to clients when they need us. We offer free consultations, reasonable fee arrangements and service in Spanish in order to provide the level of representation and service that our clients deserve.
At Peterson, Berk & Cross, S.C., we specialize in you. Learn more about our commitment to client service.
Put A Proven Team Of Trial Lawyers On Your Side
Call For A Free Consultation
From our offices in Appleton and Green Bay, we have helped clients throughout Wisconsin through complex civil and criminal matters. We also assist Wisconsin residents who have been injured while traveling in other states. To schedule a consultation and see how we can help you, please call 920-831-0300 or contact us online.